Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Reception: Book Early!

I had imagined my wedding since I was about 5. Therefore, I figured that when Taylor did propose I would already have it mostly figured out leaving us plenty of time to figure out the very little things, because the big things were thought of about 21 years ago.

Oh was I wrong.

My co-worker, Denise, got engaged in January 2007 and by the time she went to book her reception (not long after the engagement) all the reception places were gone. Luckily, she was able to still book the local country club (and it was a gorgeous reception)...but I kept that in mind this past week.

My mom came up to Illinois on the Monday after Christmas (which was planned even before the proposal) and we started looking at reception places right away. Little did I know how booked they would be! We were looking for a fall wedding (Taylor melts in the summer, I hate the cold) and almost every Saturday was already booked!

Luckily, they still had Sunday, September 6th open (the Sunday during Labor Day weekend), which worked out really well for us since there will be many out-of-town guests.

So brides - word to the wise, start looking early. I never dreamed I would have to book the reception less than a week after the ring was on...but I'm sure glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment